This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi-Directories Installation

3 replies to this topic

Werzoth

Werzoth
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 19:33

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out there. I'm using IS 5.1 on Windows NT.

My problem is, I have 3 copy of files to do. The first one is in lets say Directory A and uses TARGETDIR. The second copy of files is in Directory B and uses WINDIR\fonts. The third one (which doesnt work) should go in Directory C and uses a script-defined folder.

The script-defined variable is named svDirThirdOne. Now how do I copy files in two different directories at the same time? I call ComponentSetTarget for the Third Directory (setting the value) just before ComponentMoveData but it gives me an error when I execute the InstallShield (when its installing).

It does the 2 other directories fine (TARGETDIR AND WINDIR/FONTS), but not the third one..

Am I doing this the wrong way? I'm missing something here..

All help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Dominic Marcoux

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 18:23

I call ComponentSetTarget for the Third Directory (setting the value) just before ComponentMoveData but it gives me an error when I execute the InstallShield (when its installing).

What error message/number do you get?
Does the directory exist that is used for ComponentSetTarget(...)?
Gruß / regards
Thomas

Werzoth

Werzoth
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 18:28

I get an error -145. (Target path for the component or file group cannot be found.)

Altho. all the directories exists and are typed in correctly.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 18:37

Did you debug and verify the contents of the variable?
Did you use exactly the same names in script and IDE?
I remember having the same problem while I used <szTarget> in the script and <SZTARGET> in component definition in the IDE ...
Maybe this helps ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas