This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

I broke my pc trying to fix it

1 reply to this topic

karmanights

karmanights
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 14:48

HELP!!!

I broke my pc trying to fix it. Im neither a pc guru nor a programmer. I replaced my video card Saturday and at first when I tried to install the software I got this error message “set up failed to run installation (0x80040707)”. I did a search on the web and found a site that said that my registration paths were wrong and needed corrected. They then listed what they said was the correct path so I changed them using the directions they gave. So when I tried to install the software again I got some different errors including one about a dll. So I changed the registration paths back to WHAT I THOUGHT THEY WERE, and now i have new problems. I am currently at work and can’t give exact details about my pc or the errors. I can tell you this I have dell desk top 4455 (I think I and I bought it in 2001) windows XP (preinstalled by dell) 512 ram Pentium 4 2.2 processor.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 10:27

Are you seeing the error message described here:
http://consumer.inst....asp?id=Q108167

or is it a different message, but with that same number?