This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

No self-registration happens when reboot required

1 reply to this topic

czerwinski1977

czerwinski1977
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:40

I have an Installscript installer. When I run it to update the product and parts of the product are running, then a reboot is required. -- This is ok.

It turned out that in case of a reboot all files are copied properly, but a configured self-registration does not take place -- not during installation, and not after the reboot.

I have checked the setup.ilg file and it tells me no news: files are copied, and self-registration appears to have been done.

When I close programs to prevent the necessity of a reboot or when I install the first time everything is ok. Registration is also ok when I re-run the setup with the repair function.

I have similar setups with no issues of that kind. I just can't find the difference that prevents self-registration.

Can you explain why the self-registration does not happen and what I can do to make it happen? Thank you!

czerwinski1977

czerwinski1977
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 13:40

Posted also on stack overflow: https://stackoverflo...reboot-required