This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

INSTALLDIRs?

4 replies to this topic

<TM>

<TM>
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:43

Hi all,

I am working with InstallShield 11 Pro on an Installscript MSI Project.

Situation:
I have to include the gupta database edp (embedded deployment Pack) into a application's setup (that uses that database engine). Both apps (db and application) need separated directories at the target mashine.

Question:
How can i tell Installshield to place db files in D:\Gupta\SQLbase and application files to D:\application directory. I do only have one [INSTALLDIR] folder to drag and drop files to (Insallation Designer -> Application Data -Files and Folders).

Hope you get the point of my question

any advice is welcome (being not that experienced with installshield, so it would be very nice to resond pretty detailed ... )

thanks in advance
Thomas

Edited by <TM>, 12 July 2005 - 08:44.

<TM>

<TM>
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:51

oh, i very sorry i recognised the Warning

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI" too late.

Could the administator move this thread to the appropriate section, please?

Thanks Thomas

Edited by <TM>, 12 July 2005 - 08:51.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 13:17

Moving question to the InstallScript MSI forum.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 13:17

You should be able to right click and create a new folder.

<TM>

<TM>
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:14

Hi,

thank you for your replay. I created a futher folder below "Destination Computer's Folder", named e.g. "NEWFOLDER".
Am I able to call these folder in the same way like the INSTALLDIR folder, thinking MsiGetProperty(......"NEWFOLDER",strNewFolder,.....) or using [NEWFOLDER] to get that directory within a Custom Action or such?

I recogniced (during using this folder to place components into it) that this folder get an "_" before and after its name. If I use NEWFOLDER = szInstallDir (getting szInstallDir from the AskDestPath Dialog) it also fails.

Hope you get the Point.....

regards Thomas