This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Server Script

5 replies to this topic

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 15:00

My first question is if we uses the SQL Connection is that MSDE needs to be added in the distribution list or not?

Second question is How to set the SQLserver, database name, user and password info using the script and what the event we need to use?

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:07

I am surprised to see there is no response from the technical support team. I think this site wont be useful for the InstallShield developers.

DenMori

DenMori
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 16:43

I'm not sure about MSDE but the relevant properties you would be concerning yourself with are

IS_SQLSERVER_SERVER -- server name
IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE -- database names separated by semicolons (wink.gif
IS_SQLSERVER_AUTHENTICATION -- 0 for trusted connection, 1 for SQL Auth
IS_SQLSERVER_USERNAME -- username
IS_SQLSERVER_PASSWORD -- password

If you create a connection object from SQL Scripts view, then the SQLLogin associated dialogs are automatically added to the project and will set these properties for you. If you wanted to set them manually in your script, you would use MsiSetProperty

Don't be surprised that IS people don't post here..this is a peer to peer group.

IS has their own site and they aren't always on the boards over there either.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 20:24

vijijs: I'm sorry that you are not finding this forum useful. This is a peer-to-peer support forum where users are helping other users. Therefore there is no guarantee of a specific response time, and not even a guarantee that you will get a response at all.
If you want guaranteed response, you should buy a support contract, especially if you require a reply within a few hours (there were about 15 hours between your posts, and it was night during that time here at my place).

Regarding your first question: You don't need to install MSDE if you want to connect to an existing SQL server.

vijijs

vijijs
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 16:31

I am sorry. Thanks for your reply. My exact requirement is
1. SQL Server is available (Up and running and all the databases also available)
2. InstallShield should provide the option to the user to provide the Server, Login, Database information
3. Based on the value provided by the user, InstallShield should need to check/test the connection. If the connection is successful, InstallShield should execute the SQL Scripts in the respective databases.

Completed Task---
1. Created the Customized Window to accept the server, login and user info
2. Used the MsiSetProperty to set the required parameters
3. SQLRTTestConnection got failed and error message is "Error- 27502 Could not connect to SQL Server LCS01"

Question---
1. This is working fine if I connects the local machine that has SQL Server got installed.
2. This is getting failed if I connects the remote SQL Server but able to connect and perform query using Enterprise Manager and Query analyzer.

Please tell me where I am wrong. Your response is always more valuable.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 21:42

Are you using the correct authentication method? Try with SQL authentication to see if that works.