This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patches in InstallShield Developer

1 reply to this topic

sarsahu

sarsahu
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 08:26

I have created a compressed setup.exe file using InstallShield Developer 7.02, as my application is too big (setup.exe nearly 35 MB). As my application is in the infant stage, i want to provide a small patch that should overwrite the recitified application files (e.g. myapp.exe & myapp*.dll files), so that my application users can run the patch easily without wasting much time in downloading the latest setup.exe again & run the setup.

So I tried the Patch Wizard of the InstallShield developer 7.02 to create the Update.exe file. But I am facing various kinds of problems one after another. I have read & worked out most of the solutions available on this forum & some other forums, but am still stuck.

I will be very much thankful to u for assisting & guiding me in solving my problem. This is a very imp. task for me & hence i kindly request u to respond as early as possible.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 22:02

Maybe you can specify your problem in more detail? What error messages do you see, and when (when you create the patch or when you apply it)? DIdi you read the related articles in the Bugs Bulletin?