This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Insufficient Memory

10 replies to this topic

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 17:40

I've just fired up my new installer and it's claimed that i have 'Not enough space on disk'. I have no requirements with my installer that specify what sort of memory or space it needs. My PC runs P4 2.8GHZ with 1.5GB of RAM and i have over 6GB free on my development drive.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Edited by mattgbr, 03 February 2005 - 17:42.

Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 15:50

There may be insufficient space on your system drive or in your temp folder. It could also be a permission problem (sufficient space but bno write access).

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:41

I followed your advice. My system drive has over 5gb left on it and there isn't anything wrong with my permissions. I've cleared out my temp folder. But i still get the same error message "Not enough disk space"

I've read in other forums, that the setup.exe requires double it size to extract all the files when running but my setup is only 12mb.

Any more thoughts?
Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 15:24

Can you generate a log file (http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm)

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 16:19

I have been unable to generate a log file. The only log that has shown up in my temp folder just says what the error does: "There is not enough space on disk".

I have now changed my temp folder location to my 100Gb hard drive and still the same error.

I am also now getting the same error on my Virtual Machine with a different installer.

Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 19:29

Did you use the registry method ("Globally for all setups on a machine") with voicewarmup and the Debug entry? Can you post the generated log here?

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 14:55

I have added in the registry settings and nothing happens. No logs what so ever now are being generated.

This is becoming a very annoying problem.
Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:38

At which point in your installation do you get the error message? What media type are you using? A single setup.exe, or a setup.exe plus .msi file? It looks like the MSI part is not even started. In case of a sinlge setup.exe that extracts to the TEMP folder or to a folder you specified when you created the setup, there may be not enough space in that location, or the path is invalid, or it's a permission problem.

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:34

The error message happens instantly after it perfroms the initial checks. It doesn't even get to the welcome screen.

I am using a single image build. The media get copied to "[windowsFolder]Downloaded Installations"

I have since finding this out cleared the folder out completely, but the same error still happens. The path is valid and as far i can tell i full privileges on the drive/folder.

I have got the logging sorted now and all it says is "There is not enough space on the disk." Nothing more, nothing less. The error log gets put into my TEMP folder.
Regards,

Matthew Burton

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:48

To add a twist to the situation, i just tried using one of the msi files in the [windowsfolder]Downloaded Installations folder and it installed fine, no errors what so ever.

Weird no?

Edited by mattgbr, 15 February 2005 - 11:49.

Regards,

Matthew Burton

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 13:12

The problem was down to the Microsoft Application verifier still containing my setup.exe and performing tests on it. This caused a huge log output and stopped my setup.exe from running.

Thanks for you're help Stefan.
Regards,

Matthew Burton