This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

configurable merge module woes

1 reply to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 19:34

I've got a merge module that installs help (.chm) files for our product along with some .avi files and a few .dlls. Anyway, the structure that we want to use is that all of the .chm files go in [INSTALLDIR]Help and the .avi files go in [INSTALLDIR]Help\Movies. The source provides a directory with all the .chm file and a subdir called Movies with all the .avi files. I thought, "Perfect! I can just use a dynamic file linking and it'll be super easy." I made the component with all the files, authored the ModuleConfiguration and ModuleSubstitution tables accordingly, included it in my project and installed.

Here comes the strange part. All of the .chm files did end up in [INSTALLDIR]Help like they should have, but for some reason, the Movies ended up on the [ROOTDRIVE]Movies dir. (Sometimes ROOTDRIVE is E:\ instead of C:\, but that's a different issue probably.) I figured that for some reason, dynamic subdirs didn't play nicely with substitution so I pulled the Movies out into another component and added the appropriate entries for substitution. Now when I install, all of the .chm end up on [ROOTDRIVE] (no subdir), but the movies end up in [INSTALLDIR]Help\Movies.

What's going on?

-- spdygnlz --

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 19:43

Wouldn't you know it... I've been struggling off and on with this for days now and 2 minutes after I post, I figure out what the problem is. (I renamed a the component with the CHM files to reflect what it contained, but forgot to update the corresponding existing row in ModuleSubstitution.) So I got it working.

I'm still curious to know why it didn't work with the dynamic subdirs originally. Is there some sort of an incompatibility?

-- spdygnlz --