This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

changing self-extracting dialog

5 replies to this topic

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 September 2002 - 20:50

have no problem customizing IS dialogs...however can't seem to find the destination dialog for the self-extracting files.

Anybody know where the self-extracting dailogs are?
Lasenbby

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:27

This is not a script driven dialog. If you create the self extractor with PackageForTheWeb I think it's stored in a stub exe. Not sure if Pro6 itself uses the same stub, but I guess it works similar.

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 16:24

Hey Stefan, been a while. Good to hear from you.

You are right. It has to be stored in the self-extracting exe that is made because it is displayed before the install starts and either of of the _is*.dll are extracted.

Opened the se exe as a resource and the string table only contains errors; not all the text strings.  So I guess the string I would want to change is actually defined in the source; and inaccessible.

Thx

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 16:45

Think I found it...

In the <IS install dir>\program\pftw\langauages there is a file called english.plf that contains what looks like all the se dialog strings.

Let me see what a little changing will do...

Thanks again.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 20:22

Yes that shold work I believe this is even documented.
(I didn't notice you only wanted to change the text, I thought you were looking for different layout)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 20:23

It's in the PFTW help file under Localizing a Package -> Customizing a Package Language File