This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Checkbox intially unchecked

4 replies to this topic

daktmacfan

daktmacfan
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 22:14

Hi I am working with an IS 11.5 basic msi project. On the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog box I have 2 checkboxes:

One to ask the user if they want to register their project which then it launches a CA with takes them to a website (should be checked by default)

The other is a checkbox which asks if you fants installed to the GAC. I would like this to be unchecked by default, and then when it is checked a CA would be run that would install the files to the gac.

I cannot figure out how to do the second one.

Here are the properties for my two checkboxes.

1) Name: CheckInstallToGac
Property: CHKGAC (set to 0 in the property table)
Property is Integer: True
Value: 0

2) Name: CheckRegister
Property: CHKIE
Property is Integer: True
Value: 1

What am I doing wrong? Can this behavior that I even be obtained?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

in_install

in_install
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:36

What u have done in property settings for checkbox is correct. in addition check property manager view. To unckeck by default, Check in property manager view, there should not be any entry for the property.

daktmacfan

daktmacfan
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 19:59

biggrin.gif

Thank You in_install!! So glad to finally get this working!!

Love this forum!!

vishnupv

vishnupv
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:07

After 10 years of this post, it still helps!. Thank you :)

rahul7471

rahul7471
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:47

Hey 

vishnupv

I did not found How to ask a new question on this forum, So I used this thread.  My question is :-  I have created a custom dialog where end users enter multiple info such as input1, input2, input3... . So now I have to store these info and then use it later in the installation process. 

So for that i have create a custom action (in New Managed code , with "Stored in binary table" option). In custom action I have created a dictionary that stores all the values. Now I want all those values to display on my next dialog box. So How can I get back those stored value into my Dialog.

What I tried :-  i have created a property  under property manager and using that property to store returned value from the custom action. But my issue is there any thing like where i can use object(dictionary) in return type of my custom action, and then use that object to display entered details on next dialog.

I am using c# and installshield 2014 for basic MSI project.

thanks. I am new to installshield. if required you an email me at   raaz7471@gmail.com

Please Help me , I am struggling

Edited by rahul7471, 26 September 2016 - 09:48.