This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Annoying problem

2 replies to this topic

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 11:15

Hi,

My installation is on two discs and during the install I'm asked to change CD's something like eight times. It seem like there's parts of files in different cab's. I've made a custom size media sized 600 megs cuz I have to fit in some other stuff on each CD. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution?
- jonas

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 18:49

Never done more than one CD for an install, but sounds like you need to play with how the CAB files are layed out in your media setup.  Obviously the default isn't the way to go with your setup.
user posted image

jive02

jive02
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 April 2002 - 16:17

Hi,

I can't really find any settings to play with. I have a clue what might cause the problem though. It seems like the files that are in file-groups that are language-depentent is the source of evil. I still link them to the same component. Does this sound like something one shouldn't do?

Also, when the installation is completed, and the second disc is in my drive, Setup alerts me and says that the wrong CD is in the drive. If I change CD all is good, but if i press cancel, the setup app crashes. I've accually seen this on other installations (some of the most popular games of today) so I guess this is a common problem. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?
- jonas