This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Customizing Silent Installations

3 replies to this topic

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 17:11

I have a Setup.iss file that I wish to modify, so that installation path is NOT hard coded.  Currently, it always uses C:\Program Files\..., but I'd like it to be X:\Program Files where X: is the current Program Files location.

Here's the corresponding section of ISS code:
[{02E7DB6A-B120-11D4-A3F4-00C04F606097}-SdAskDestPath-0]
szDir=C:\Program Files\Canary Labs
Result=1

Now, I've tried just dropping the szDir line, but then I got -3 result (Required data not found in the Setup.iss file).  I know from previous experience that if I drop the whole section, I'll get the same error.  So rather than try a bunch of different combinations, I wondered if you guys might have any ideas.

I do know that one solution would be for me to manually re-write that line during install time, but I'd prefer another way if at all possible.
user posted image

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 09:00

That's an interesting question; have you found an answer yet?
You perhaps won't be able to change the iis-file at runtime cause it's being accessed!?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 03 April 2002 - 15:02

No answers yet ... still waiting to see if anyone has some ideas.

No the file won't be in use because this is a third party app. which we apply during our setup, so it's not accessed until I make the call to silently run the setup.  I have plenty of time beforehand to modify it on-the-fly, which more and more seems like what I'll end up having to do.
user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 03:44

**bangs head on desk**

I should have thought of this earlier, but an idea I recently had is to just use the following system macro:
%ProgramFiles%

I'll give this a whirl and let you all know if it works out.

user posted image