This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Property property to DIR property

3 replies to this topic

woter324

woter324
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 14:14

Hi all,

Having a little problem:

Created a property in the property table called SVRQTY. This is set by a combo box at runtime b4 cost finalise. Possible values are 01 - 05.

The value of this needs to be added to the installation path.

I have set the destination under the component to
INSTALLDIRservers\dev[SVRQTY]. However this created the path ...\servers\dev[SVRQTY].

Assuming the combo box value has been set to 01, does anyone know how to create the path ...\servers\dev01?

MITA.

Woter

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:04

Directory properties always need to be the full path. Try this:

1. As component destination set a default path, e.g. [INSTALLDIR]servers\dev01
2. InstallShield automatically creates a directory property for this, displayed in {}
3. Add a custom action or a control event to set the directory property from step 2 to the desired value of [INSTALLDIR]servers\dev[SVRQTY]\
You can even do this after CostFinalize (in general CostFinalize is called before the dialogs are displayed) using a custom action type 35.

woter324

woter324
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 16:12

Thanks Stefan,

It now passes the value of [SVRQTY] to the directory stucture, however it is not setting the property to the value set by the combo box.

e.g. "[INSTALLDIR]servers\dev[SVRQTY]\" resolves to "[INSTALLDIR]servers\dev0\" where 0 is the value of SVRQTY property.

The property of the combobox is SVRQTY. Is this right? The combo box has the values 01, 02, 03, 04 or 05. This is what I am expecting to see in the dir structure.

I have set Install UI Sequence to AfterCostFinalise.

Any ideas?

MITA

Adrian

woter324

woter324
  • Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 17:00

I've answered my own question. Add the custom action to a DoAction on a button on a dialog. It didn't work after cost finalise.

Thanks