This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SdAskDestPath Not Retaining its State When pressed Back Button

3 replies to this topic

aakash.tiwari12@gmail.com

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:30

HI,

I am Using Installshield Developer 7 Standard project.

The Problem i am facing is described below.

1.I have one Project which have "Simple" and "Custom" installation Option which is displayed in first dialog.

2. Second dialog(SdAskDestPath) will be shown when user chooses "Custom" install.

3.In this Dialog installation path value is by default "C:ProgramFiles:....sumthing" is there.

4.But User chooses Custom path from Browse Button which is available in SdAskDestpath.it is showing also in Dialog

5.After that if user presses the "BACK" Button on SdAskDestPath dialog then again it will go to First Dialog as it behaves.

6.But if u agin choose "custom'" install from that dialog it should show that custom path which user select before coming here(Point  4 )

7.It is showing by default path "C:ProgramFiles:....sumthing"

Please help me regarding this , i think INSTALLDIR and szDir  is not updating properly. i am calling

SdAskDestPath when user is pressing "Custom" install

Dlg_SdAskDestPath:
                szTitle = "";
                szMsg   = "";
               // Enable ( BACKBUTTON);

nResult = SdAskDestPath( szTitle, szMsg, szDir,0);

I have attached the screenshots of above secnario.

Thanks

Aakash Tiwari

Attached Images

• DEFAULTPATH.png
  • CUSTOMPATHBEFORE.png

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 16:14

The selected path should be in szDir. Please debug or insert a MsgBox after SdAskDestPath to verify this. I'm not sure about the default code in this version, but maybe it initialized szDir with INSTALLDIR but only writes the value of szDir to INSTALLDIR if the NEXT button is clicked.

• Full Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 19:55

The selected path should be in szDir. Please debug or insert a MsgBox after SdAskDestPath to verify this. I'm not sure about the default code in this version, but maybe it initialized szDir with INSTALLDIR but only writes the value of szDir to INSTALLDIR if the NEXT button is clicked.

Hi stefan,

>>Thanks for your reply. i debugged the code but szDir value is getting written when  NEXT button is clicked, Is there any way to write szDir value before NEXT button or When i am clicking BACK button then.

>>is there any way access that static edit control where path is showing so that i can hard code and update that szDir value when BACK button is pressed

i tried with CtrlGetText function but i am unable to access that Edit Control. 

i folllowed this article http://kb.flexerasof...CtrlGetText.htm

but it is not working 

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 14:40

You need to do this inside the dialog handler script.