This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Win 2k vs Win NT

2 replies to this topic

erez

erez
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 16:52

Hi,

I've created an installation which works perfectly on win NT (service pack 6). When installing it on win 2000, the installation ends ok but when running the application which the installation created, it demands that I will insert the CD which contains the installation. Only then, the application works. Why?

Thanks
           Erez

Lee

Lee
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2002 - 18:00

Erez,

I am having a very similar problem, an install that works fine with NT does not work in win2k. I have tracked my problem to be related to the merge module for MSDE. As soon as I remove this from my project everything is fine. Are you using a merge module?

I have also tried the fix suggested by installshield on there site but it had no effect.

Are latest effort was to split out the merge module as one installation and then run the rest as a second install. This seems to work but how or why I do not really know.

Best of luck
Lee

erez

erez
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 09:56

thanks - my problem is already solved