This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcut Icon

2 replies to this topic

ashishmishra_cs

ashishmishra_cs
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 16:25

HI,
It is a basic mSI project in IS2008. I am giving exe path and name in "icon file" property for a program menu shortcut. So installshield supposed to extract the icon "C:\windows\installer\(product code)" and use it. But unfortunately it is not extracting the icon and copying the whole file in C:\windows\installer\(product code)". and no program menu icon is created. rest of the icon are created fine. If i run the upgrade of product it works fine. One more thing in the shortcut table, all the values of Column ICON_ should be same for the column DIRECTORY value . But it is mismatched for failed file.
you help appreciated.

Ashish.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:04

Hi,

Try to use your application icon (which embedded in ur application exe) to display icon for a short cut. Please find the attached screenshot of it. This application icon information should be placed in ICON table.

Attached Images

• Application_Icon.JPG

ashishmishra_cs

ashishmishra_cs
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:45

I know this way, but what could be the reason for failure, Exe file is quite fine, IS should extract the icon, and it is extracting in upgrade.