This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

clicking on setup.exe

3 replies to this topic

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 21:41

Hi, When i install my product within some prerequisites then I uninstall it by ARP without problems.

Now, I'm trying to install it again. When it finish i would try to uninstall by setup.exe. The problem is the setup.exe, it's sow me again the prerequisite dialog and the maintenance dialog.

I only want to unistall the product when is already installed by setup.exeç

thanks... any help?

AlexLX

AlexLX
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 22:10

Try adding conditions to your prerequisite,under condition tab, if you have not

thanatos83

thanatos83
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 22:40

thanks alex... so prerequisite it's not a problem now. If I double-click on setup.exe it sow me now only maintenance dialog and then I can select one of the three options to select it.

So i need to supress both dialogs and want to ask de user if he wants to uninstall first the aplication.

I've search around but not lucky to find another solution.

AlexLX

AlexLX
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 22:03

I am not sure if this will work or not but you can try(make sure you have a backup of your project):
1. Create one custom Dialog.
2. Go to Custom Actions and Sequences.
3. Copy the conditions and sequence of dialogbox named MaintenanceWelcome.
4. Paste the copied conditions and sequence onto your Custom dialog box.
5. Delete MaintenanceWelcome.

You can redirect to MaintenanceType Dialog box after flashing your custom dialog and toying with the behavior part of your Custom dialog to call MaintenanceType.