This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

After installation digital signature is corrupting

1 reply to this topic

akshat23

akshat23
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:47

Hi All,

i need some urgent help. we are creating a .msi with installshield 10.5 and after that digitally signing it using our own lockbox( we use it for so many msi files and never face any problem).
after signing my msi file i can easily see that my signatures are good and right click/digital signature show that it is valid and good enough.
when i install this msi on a vista, somehow during the installation process this digital sigature becomes invalid. ( and if i go to c:\windows\installer\ and after right click on my msi, it shows that digital signature is not valid). i am surprise what is causing at run time which is making my digital signature to be corrupted.

if i make a testing project on the same machine, and digitally sign it using same method. it works fine, even after installation, digital signatures are okay.

my certificate files are also valid and not expired.

Thanks for any urgent help. we are just block because of this issue, as it shows unidentified published while uninstalling.
please help

thanks

akshat23

akshat23
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:25

hmmmmmmm.. it is a known problem. have a look here.
http://blogs.msdn.co...dows-vista.aspx