This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSXML3

2 replies to this topic

CGreg

CGreg
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 21:42

Hey guys, I'm installing MSXML3 (I've tried the Merge Module and kicking off the regular install) and I keep getting errors on machines that have a version of IE less than 4.0.  Obviously, there is a dependency of some kind at work here, but I can't seem to find it.  The error I get is that the install cannot register MSXML3.DLL and the error code translates to "Unspecified Error".  How useful.  :0   Anyhow, might any of you know exactly what MSXML3.dll is looking for?  I've tried runtime and static dependency walkers and I've had only partial success.  I found that if i installed MDAC 2.5 before the MSXML3.dll, everything was good.  But then Windows Media Player 6.4 would have about 6-7 components fail to register.  It seems like a no-win situtation and unfortunately I can't install IE 4.0 because our client is a Netscape shop.  I'd appreciate any help.  Thank you.

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 03:59

On the web site for XML (http://msdn.microsof...ompositedoc.xml) it states:

"This release requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 Service Pack 1 for minimum functionality. Internet Explorer 5.01 (or later) is required for full functionality. "
Anthony Glenwright
Inventua

CGreg

CGreg
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 14:43

Thank you Anthony!  I hadn't found anything that explicitly specified IE 4.0.  I appreciate your help.