This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

the setup remains in the background

3 replies to this topic

invincible

invincible
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 11:25

hello friends, i am having on problem when launching another exe from the existing setup at the end of the setup.I am launching one exe when the "Finish" button
is clicked.I am using sdFinish as i don't want to reboot.
So as soon as the "Finish" button is clicked the finish dialog box goes away and another exe is executed but in the background even though finish dialog has gone still that setup remains in process.I can see it when i hit "Ctrl + ALT + Del".The problem is that if the orginal setup is in the background then the another exe that is launched does not work correctly but as soon as it remove the setup by ending the process from task manager then the exeternal exe launched starts working fine.So is there any way  throuhg which i can completely end the setup (something like "kill" command) so that the setup does not remain in the background.
Thank you

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 16:34

Are you using LaunchAppAndWait?  'cause simply switching to LaunchApp may fix your problem.

This is overkill, but I'll throw it out there anyways for lack of a better idea.  Another possible solution/workaround would be to make a wrapper install which ran your regular setup, and afterwards, the other EXE.

invincible

invincible
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 05:08

i have use LaunchApp only still it is not working. i have no idea about the other method that you have suggested.So if possible please explain it to me briefly so that i can work around this problem

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 23:20

The other method is simply to create a third dummy application that would just call your setup and then the other setup.  That's it.

Could be something done in InstallShield, Visual Basic, Visual C++, maybe even a batch file.  Whatever you need to get the job done.