This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

COM class registration not executed

3 replies to this topic

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 12:13

We have a setup with several features. One feature has a merge module assigned. The merge module itself contains a COM service that has to be registered.

During the installation we have the following problem:
If all features are selected (and installed) the COM registration is done properly.
If we install only one feature (the feature that depends on the merge module) the COM registration is skipped.

I found the reason in the final (merged) setup database.
In the table "Class" the COM server registration is properly listed. But in the column "Feature_" of the same table there is a wrong feature assignment!

How can I solve that?
In my merge databse the "Feature_ column" contains a 00000-0000-... GUID. I dont know why but the the reason might be tha merge modules itself does not contain any features.

Does anyone know a solution for the problem?
Is there a possibility to influence the merge process?

Any hint is welcome.

Frank
Frank Dering

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 02:17

What about your "FeatureComponents" table?

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 06:11

The FeatureComponents table of the merge module is empty.
The main setup has some entries for its own components.
Feature and merge module dependencies are not listed there.
Frank Dering

SOWI

SOWI
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 06:24

In the meantime I found other problems with COM registration. If all features were selected and the setup was executed the first time the COM type library was not registered (the object itself was properly registered). After I removed the installation and installed it again it worked.

I made some test and found the reason for the strange merge result.
One of our features in the setup (a merge module) depended of the merge module containing the COM component. I removed that dependency and the merge result was ok. Is that a bug?

The merge module containing the COM component is now always installed as hidden feature.

Frank Dering