This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

extracting registration info at build

2 replies to this topic

Kate

Kate
  • Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 20:29

My developer does not seem to be able/willing to write a .dll (he uses VB) that allows ISWI to extract the info at build. I have to self-register his .dll in order to get the thing to work. If I could point him in the direction of a MSN KB article or something, that might help. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting quite desperate.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 February 2001 - 07:07

What InstallShield does for extract at build is actually register the file on the development machine and try to detect the registry changes. For this all the dependency files must exist (does regsvr32 work on the development machine to register the file?)

vipul

vipul
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 April 2001 - 16:04

Hi,
In ISWI, there is one property for every component called Registration..in that u can choose SELF-REGISTRATION. And then ISWI will do it for you. but one thing u have to take care of is that your every component must have only one DLL which is need self registration...
Vipul

(Edited by vipul at 4:06 pm on April 4, 2001)