This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialogs Question

1 reply to this topic

matrot

matrot
  • Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:55

I'd like to build a custom dialog with a text box and a button.
The button will launch a custom action that calls a windows installer function in a DLL. The code in a DLL will let the use choose a recipient in an exchange GAL. Before returning from the DLL, public properties will be written. I would like the textbox to be updated with the content of the properties it is tied to. Is it possible.

I would like to have the ability to launch a custom action that call a windows installer function in a DLL when the user select a feature that is deselected. Is it possible ?

TIA

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 08:46

1 - this is possible. You can just create your custom action, and have the custom action read the text property, and then execute the custom action when the user presses the button by using the DoAction event.

2 - This is also possible. You can add conditions into a dialog so that when a button is pushed (i.e next), the custom action will run. So in your case you can condition it to run when a feaure state is changing from de-select to select.