This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install MSDE 2000 with Installshield

3 replies to this topic

bandolex

bandolex
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:04

Hi,

Ive been unable to find some step by step tutorial to include MSDE 2000 with Installshield. Im new to installshield.

MAIN QUESTION

My project is basicaly a website:

- IIS
- Some asp pages
- MSDE 2000 database

Need to be installed on Win 2000, XP Pro and why not Win98
Some easy step by step instuctions will be highly apreciated (specially with MSDE). I think that IIS cannot be included in the installation file anyway.

--

SECOND QUESTION

What is a better practice?

Install a named instance of MSDE or let it install as the default database (I dont want my software to bother future installations that may require MSDE in the customer machine) -and- dont want to have problems if the target PC already has an MSDE instance installed.

Thanks.

Jorge.-

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:14

To install MSDE you could add the MSDE prerequisite to your project.
There is no pre-built prerequisite for IIS because IIS is not a free product but requires that you purchase a license from Microsoft.

bandolex

bandolex
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:13

Stephan,

MSDE is not present in my Installshield Objects/Merge Modules list. Maybe there's another name for it? or I'm looking in the wrong place...

Im using Installshield Professional 11.5, just downloaded.

Thanks.

Jorge.-

bandolex

bandolex
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 07:20

I found it!

The word "prerequisite" was my tool to find my way ...

Thanks.

Jorge.-