This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How To Troubleshoot Internet Builds

1 reply to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 17:54

Hello,

I am using ISPE 6.31 with the latest patches and need the ability to step through an internet one click install and find out why certain strange things are happening.  These things do not happen when I step through the setup using a cd-rom or package build.  They only happen on my internet one click install build.  I know about the UI dialogs not working with the Internet build and have considered that.  I have completely functionalized the setup so regardless of which type of build I use I am accessing the same core functions.

The problem that is happening is I am selecting which component (different desktop icon per condition) gets installed per a certain condition.  Well, if I install a fresh install it works perfectly.  But if I do an upgrade all of the components get installed so all icons are placed in the TARGETDIR.  My desktop shortcut displays the correct icon, which is good, but I need to only have the correct icon installed since the number of icons could be in the hundreds in a couple months.

I have tried doing the upgrade using the command line "UPGRADE" and everything works fine.  What could I be doing in the one click side of things to cause this?

Does anyone know how I can step through the internet one click install build?

Thanks,

prozacrefugee

prozacrefugee
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 21:53

On a machine with IS installed, open the setup from the command prompt, and add the parameters
  -a -d

Somehow the -a burrows through the .exe wrapper and gives the -debug switch to the setup inside.