This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Trouble with change INSTALLDIR during installation

5 replies to this topic

SerDev

SerDev
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 16:39

During installation I am changing default value of [INSTALLDIR] property:

(VBScript)

Session.Property("INSTALLDIR") = SOME_VALUE

But components that located in the "[INSTALLDIR]\subfolder" don't change it's destination to "[SOME_VALUE]\subfolder".

How can I resolve this problem ?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:13

What are the componetn destinations?

The components might not have a parent of INSTALLDIR. You will need to look inside the directory table.

SerDev

SerDev
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:07

All components have destinations such as:

"[INSTALLDIR]\folder1\folder2"
"[INSTALLDIR]\folder3"

All of them are in one Feature. Feature destination is also [INSTALLDIR].
CustomAction that change [INSTALLDIR] property runs after CostFinalize action.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:47

It looks like you are sequencing the action correctly. But maybe try to move it directly ahead of InstallInitialize. There is a good chance that this property is never set correctly in your VBScript. I would use a message box at the end of the script to verify that the value is actually set. Then I would add a new VBScript custom action directly after InstallFinalize to view the value of INSTALLDIR and make sure it is what you expect.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

SerDev

SerDev
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 13:10

Certainly I checked INSTALLDIR property before installation finish.

As I sad components that have destination only [INSTALLDIR] - moved correctly, and components that have destination [INSTALLDIR]\folder or [INSTALLDIR]\folder1\...\ not.

mellow.gif

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 23:31

hmm interesting

What is installed on the machine?? is it possible that the component was left behind from a previous uninstall?? so now the new install find the old component, and uses its old path?

Have you tried running the install with verbose logging? This reveal some more information