This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL Scripts Not Executing

2 replies to this topic

DenMori

DenMori
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2005 - 20:58

Here's something that seems simple, but doesn't want to cooperate!

I have a Basic MSI project with a single SQL connection, customized SQLDatabase dialogs to allow me to select multiple databases; and scripts that are associated with the SQL connection. They are linked to a "Support Files" feature which is required for installation. My server name and database selections are picked up correctly (I see this in the install log), but for some unknown reason the scripts do not appear to be running at all. The scripts are tagged to stop the installation on an error. SQL scripts run ok via Query Analyzer, so I know there are no syntax issues.

I have used this functionality in a prior project without a problem, so I'm a bit puzzled by this issue.

What can I look at that might point me in the right direction?

(PS: On an unrelated note, this setup also will not uninstall via Add/Remove Programs..I have to use the MSIZap utilities to remove its entries from the Installer database)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:14

I would recommend fixing the uninstall problem first. Then test again on a clean machine (fresh OS image, empty database). The SQL problem may be a side effect.

DenMori

DenMori
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 16:25

There must have been something corrupted in the project. I deleted it and recreated it from scratch and the scripts run fine now.

The next battle is getting them to run conditionally based on whether or not the script had changed since the last run.

I have been told I cannot change the scripts themselves.