This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

pagefile.sys ??

5 replies to this topic

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 06:20

Dear All, have you all encountered this before ?
i dun include this system files for this project, and it 's compiled successfully.
Scenario:
1) Try running on the same machine (that compile this project), it's success.
2) Try running on the other machine, the error message pop up.

i'm using NT4 Sp6a platform.

Thanx for any comments !!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 11:57

The machine may be out of RAM. As far as I know pagefile.sys is the virtual memory.

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 02:45

Thanx for ur reply anyway....
but i'd tried to increase the virtual memory already....

wondering whether is the PC problems.....

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 07:36

Hey Stefan, i don't think it's the memory problem anyway, as i had checked and see my mem usage, it still have sufficient memory in order to start my Installation package.

surfed to InstallShield Support site this morning, came across this article no : Q105571

Have checked my install scripts and i'm  sure i din used any MSI properties in my project.

So, any ideas ? please give a hand.

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 14:03

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

Your question seems to be.  "I am installing Pagefile.sys.  Why does this fail?"

You can not and must not directly modify "pagefile.sys" on any of the Microsoft operating systems.  This is a critical runtime file used for virtual memory data.  If you succeed in installing this you are running the risk of massive data corruption.

calenkl

calenkl
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2002 - 03:19

hey Ian !! Thanx for ur idea !

anyway, i'm not trying to include any of this Windows System files into my installation package.
Just that i encountered this error when i run my Setup file. This error is really weard, and there's no documentation for the details of causes of this error.

i;m not sure if it is the ISWI bugs or something that i've done wrongly. but the case is, i'd been using this project template for few releases. and all of them are pretty smooth without causing any errors.

i'd just added a component (my own) into the template.
And, i'm confirm that the component works fine without causing any errors as well (as i used it for other packages as well).

so, to all guru here, can u pls lend me a hand ??

Thanx for all brilliant ideas !!! have a nice day !!