This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

WriteProfString problem?

Best Answer Seany , 05 February 2015 - 16:24

Note: As described in the Installshield Help, calling WriteProfString with Null parameters after every use of WriteProfString does seem to have fixed my problem.

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:18

Hi

I've used WriteProfString to write INI file entries for years without any problem.

Recently however a customer reported that none of the INI file entries were being written during the install.

When I investigated it seems that the WriteProfileString function is failing.

I can't figure out why this is happening as it works on all other machines that it has been tested on. (I've been unable to reproduce the problem myself)

After some googling I found several references from others who seemed to have had a similar problem. One suggested that it was down to a problem on faster machines, something to do with a buffer not being cleared between different INI strings being written?

Does anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks

Seany

Seany
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 16:24   Best Answer

Note: As described in the Installshield Help, calling WriteProfString with Null parameters after every use of WriteProfString does seem to have fixed my problem.