This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Stopping a service

2 replies to this topic

retzcat

retzcat
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 23:45

I'm using the Stopping an NT Service from the downloads. I am not able to get it to run because I'm unsure as to what it wants in the function StopService (StopService (STRING /*szServiceName*/, BYREF STRING /*svErrMsg*/); I have put the service name for szServiceName - I'm not sure what is needed for svErrMsg...

Has anyone else used this and knows what I need to do here?
Thanks
Retz

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:18

I looked up that downloaded function and the latter string parameter simply holds the resulting error message in the event the function fails to complete successfully. Therefore, it can be any string variable you're willing to get overwritten with such information. Hope it helps.
user posted image

retzcat

retzcat
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 14:59

QUOTE (Taco Bell @ 2008-04-18 01:18)
I looked up that downloaded function and the latter string parameter simply holds the resulting error message in the event the function fails to complete successfully. Therefore, it can be any string variable you're willing to get overwritten with such information. Hope it helps.

It did help. Thanks!! smile.gif