This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How can I make bmp background to be transparent?

2 replies to this topic

venki_1

venki_1
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2002 - 08:02

Hi,
I placed a bitmap on the installation dialog boxes ( Some are custom defined and some are Standard ), I want to make back ground color of the bitmap to be transparent so that it coincides with the dialog box color. Can any one help on this?
Thanks in advance
Best Regards,
Venkat

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 May 2002 - 08:42

Hi venki_1,

Bitmaps can not be made transparent. Perhaps using icons is an option, since they can be made transparent (using a tool like MS visual studio. There may be some freeware tools on the net too.)

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 January 2003 - 10:21

In IS 5.x and 7.x there is a function called DialogSetInfo which is able to handle specific colors to be displayed transparent.
See the knowledge base for further information (Q100148 - HOWTO: Modifying Sd Dialogs Using DialogSetInfo ).
Maybe this is possible in IS6 too?

You just use
Code Sample
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, SUPPORTDIR ^ "my.bmp;1;;;0,128,128", TRUE);
to set the color 0,128,128 (default background color, blueish green) to be transaprent, if the first parameter after the bitmap name is 1 ...

Gruß / regards
Thomas