This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Reboot during major upgrade

3 replies to this topic

shafeeque_q

shafeeque_q
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:03

I have configured a Major upgrade item in my installshield project.

This is working fine.

Howver I would want to schedule a reboot after the uninstall of the older version and before the install of the newer version.

I read about the ForceReboot action.

I would like to schedule a reboot only if a major upgrade is performed.

i.e. if the machine did not have an earlier version and this is a fresh install, I should not reboot.

I cannot find any documentation for IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE that people have been referring to.

Thanks,
Shafeeque

Edited by shafeeque_q, 25 November 2005 - 07:04.

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 15:30

IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE is an InstallShield-specific property that gets set by ISSetAllUsers custom action, which gets included in your .msi if you set up a major upgrade item.

You can also test for the presence of the property you set as the ActionProperty in the Upgrade table, as long as the custom action using that as a condition is after the FindRelatedProducts action.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 16:44

You might also want to check the UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE property. I believe it is set only during a major upgrade. This is also a windows installer property and not an Installshield specific property.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 13:02

In my undertanding UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE is only visible to the old version that is being uninstalled by the Major Upgrade.