This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Copying files to two sepperate directories

2 replies to this topic

yelp666

yelp666
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 15:31

Hi all,

I wrote a plugin and right now, I'm working on an installer for it. It turned out to be harder then the plugin itself sad.gif.

I would like to install files in two completely sepperate directories:
1. Typical TARGETDIR (manual, link to site and so on)
2. Plugin directory of a different application (where I install the plugin itself).

The problem is, that I take from registry value of where this main app has been installed( ex: C:\Program Files\MainApp ).
To throw it to this directory is no brainer, however I would like to throw it to directory:
C:\Program Files\MainApp\Plugins.

This is apparently incredibly hard to do, I used Orca to expand the VS.NET possibilites, but without success.

I figured that it would be best if I could somehow change the Directory table in .msi, such that it would always install it to the default location, unfortunately I can't do it.

Is there something I omited?
Is there a good way out of it?
Can it be done with VS.NET installer + Orca ??

Thank you for any help

yelp666

yelp666
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 13:13

Ok, I've worked it out.
I've created an immediate Custom Action that changes the target directory. If someone is interested how I did it, I can post the code.

HahtokariMika

HahtokariMika
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 13:23

Yes, im intrested to know how you did it

Mika