This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Hidden features are still installed... pls help...

3 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 December 2001 - 12:25

Hi,

I'm using ISDev7.02 and I have a project that hides specific features based on the serial number the user has entered. So I used FeatureSetData and FeatureSelectItem after the serial number validation part  like this...

if (FeatureSetupTypeSet (MEDIA, "Custom") < 0) then
MessageBox ("FeatureSetupTypeSet failed.", SEVERE);
endif;
nResult = FeatureSelectItem (MEDIA, svFeature, FALSE);  
  FeatureSetData (MEDIA, svFeature, FEATURE_FIELD_VISIBLE, FALSE, "");

The problem is all the hidden features are installed. I checked it when I used FeatureIsItemSelected, all the features hidden and deselected by script was was returnd selected... that why its still installed. Any Idea on how to solve this???... Im really confused... Is there something wrong on my code?

Please help... I would be very grateful fo any help. Thanks in advance.

Dyerald

Rayhawk

Rayhawk
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 03:03

I am now having a similar problem, and am wondering if you have had any luck?
I've tried setting them differently in the MSI [w/INSTALLLEVEL and Setup Type], to no avail.

garthf

garthf
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2002 - 00:00

I had the same kind of problem and it turned out that I needed to set the feature to "False" after the setuptype dialog is run. the is bacause the changing of the setup types was setting the features back to the default for the selected setup type.
Hope that helps.

mandrews

mandrews
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 21:58

Let me also add, this doesn't seem to work for sub-features.

I could only get it to work with top level features.