This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action

4 replies to this topic

Galina

Galina
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 21:18

I have a basic MSI project.

My features can be installed Favor Local or Favor Source, but only if source directory is writable (like CD ROM immage). Otherwise they can only be Favor Local.

Could you help me please to create a custom action to change "Remote Installation" property of a component from Optional to Favor Local based on source directory write property?

If it is not possible what else is possible to do?

Thanks a lot,
Galina

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 18:15

You could change the feature's property to local instead of source. To do this you can use the control event AddLocal.

Galina

Galina
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 21:13

It would change nothing.

I should allow Favor Source or Favor Local if the source directory is writable, otherwise I should allow only Favor Local.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:22

So you want to remove those options from the feature tree dialog? I'm not sure if that's feasible. For some information about the options in the feature tree dialog see:
Custom Setup Options in Windows Installer

Galina

Galina
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 13:53

I have tried to add a VB script custom action with the following code before welcome screen (based on a condition)

Session.ComponentRequestState("LCF") = 3

It does not work anyway.