This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

version compare problem

3 replies to this topic

earwig

earwig
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:32

I meet a big problem when I make a software use InstallShield 10.5,
the detail information is in the attachment picture.Why it told me 2.4.2.10 is older then 2.4.2.3? Thanks for help of everybody.

Attached Images

• 1002.JPG

earwig

earwig
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:05

BTW,the software is used under solaris platform.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 15:22

I don't know, maybe it performs a string compare instead of parsing the number fields and performing a numeric compre? In this case 10 < 9 because it starts with a "1"

earwig

earwig
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:49

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2008-03-10 15:22)
I don't know, maybe it performs a string compare instead of parsing the number fields and performing a numeric compre? In this case 10 < 9 because it starts with a "1"

I found a file named is "ProductResources.properties", and it is under the following folder
C:\Program Files\InstallShield 10.5\Universal Installer\i18n\com\installshield\product\i18n

This file include this line "PureJavaProductServiceImpl.UpdateCheck.installingProductOlder=Unable to install {0} over {1}: Installed product has newer version."
this line is the output information in the picture. How can I find out which project quote this line and it maybe the code about the version compare.Thanks!