This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Preconditions

1 reply to this topic

Thomas Frietsch

Thomas Frietsch
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 17:17

Applies for Windows 2000 and XP.

My Setup package needs to evaluate preconditions also for an uninstallation. Everything's working fine when the uninstall process is triggered from the Control Panel | Add/Remove Software by pushing the Change button and then from the Setup Wizard select Remove.

However, if the Remove button from the Control Panel | Add/Remove Software is hit directly, all preconditions are ignored. The uninstall runs with the minimal user interface.

How to fix or avoid this problem? I've been thinking about disabling the Remove button from the Control Panel | Add/Remove Software but haven't figured out how to do it.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 18:04

you can disable the entry in the control panel with the ARPNOREMOVE property.  i suppose  you could also 'tweak' the install by writing the "NoRemove" value to the registry in the Uninstall area of the registry for the Product.