This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Desktop shortcuts

1 reply to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 00:47

I want to be able to ask the user if they want a desktop shortcut installed... from the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.

Here are a few of the options I considered:

I could add that shortcut in a component, specify a condition based on a property set by a checkbox, but I'd have to display that checkbox in the UI sequence... but not at the end of the install.

I can add a checkbox which is used to launch a custom action to copy the shortcut from the Start menu. I'd then need to write custom actions for Rollback and Uninstall to remove it appropriately. I was hoping that there was a way that the Installer would take care of this automatically.

I've seen this functionality enough on other installations I've run to make me assume that there is a preferred way of doing it.

What are your opinions or ideas? Does anyone have any other alternatives I can consider? Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 21:40

Ususally all questions should be asked during the UI sequence. If you really need it on the Finish dialog (not recommended) then you need a custom action.