This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

License Based Feature Install

2 replies to this topic

tnand53

tnand53
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 14:42

Anybody has idea of License based install.
If there are 4 features A,B,C,D. If A and B are installed by default and C and D should be installed if the user gives a license key or license file.

And what if C and D can be installed individually.

How can this be done. Should i write a CA. or is there a functionality ..

Can you give me some examples.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 15:09

You can hide features using feature conditions. However these are evaluated during CostFInalize, wwhich is before the dialogs are shown. So if you want the user to enter a key you would have to put this dialog before CostFinalize, and all other dialogs after CostFinalize.

If you don't need to hide the features in the feature tree dialog (maybe you are using a check box dialog instead, or no feature selection dialog at all) you can use Control Events "AddLocal" and "Remove" on the "Next" button of a dialog to select or un-select features.

Please be aware that such type of key system can easily be worked around, so you may want to add additional check into the application itself.

tnand53

tnand53
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 16:08

Is there any algorithm that i can use w.r.t "key".

Does the installer have to ask license key 2ice if C and D have to be installed individually