This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installer cannot be accessed for office install

2 replies to this topic

garg4213

garg4213
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 02:47

I am trying to install Office 2k on a Win2k Server Terminal Server box and keep getting the same error when I begin the install. The windows installer cannot be accessed. This happens running the install in add/remove programs install and in the command prompt install both with admin rights and the appropriate terminal server transforms. I noticed the Installer Service is pointing at a non existent temp directory deep under documents and settings but wasn't sure if that relevant. The machine is also running service pack 3, I have seen around the net people are having problems with installer and service pack 3 but found no solutions. Appearantly you can't remove installer 2.0 either and reinstall it? Formatting this machine is not a real option, I just need to get office installed somehow. Any help appreciated please!

mariaa55

mariaa55
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 19:09

Quote (garg4213 @ Oct. 09 2002,01:47)
I am trying to install Office 2k on a Win2k Server Terminal Server box and keep getting the same error when I begin the install. The windows installer cannot be accessed. This happens running the install in add/remove programs install and in the command prompt install both with admin rights and the appropriate terminal server transforms. I noticed the Installer Service is pointing at a non existent temp directory deep under documents and settings but wasn't sure if that relevant. The machine is also running service pack 3, I have seen around the net people are having problems with installer and service pack 3 but found no solutions. Appearantly you can't remove installer 2.0 either and reinstall it? Formatting this machine is not a real option, I just need to get office installed somehow. Any help appreciated please!

HI,
You are not alone!  I've tried to access info on the installer 2 weeks ago and there was very very little about this on their website.  It told you how to remove the old one yada yada but it did not work.  I finally reformatted my HD but again I'm having the same problem.  MS now has info on it on their website but I don't know if that's too helpful either.  There are only 2 books on this and both aren't that great.  Even if you reformat you will run into the same issue! Even engineers are pulling their hair out over this product which seemingly is suppose to be great!  How great can it be if even engineers are having major headaches. Well thats MS for you, nothing new.  Have a good day and if you have any info let me know, good luck!  There are other 3rd party products available that work better.  You don't have to bother with MSI at all but the packages are dear.

Philip

Philip
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 19:21

MS KB Q255582