This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Sub Features problem

7 replies to this topic

jeff.yee

jeff.yee
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 17:11

Hi all,

I currently have an installshield project with the following feature structure:
- Main Component
- sub feature 1
- sub feature 1.1
- sub feature 1.2
- sub feature 1.2.1

- sub feature 2
- sub feature 2.1
- sub feature 2.2
- sub feature 2.2.1
- sub feature 2.2.2

The problem that I am experiencing is the event macros are not firing, nor are the files being copied for the sub feature. However, the macros for both the Installing and Installed are firing, but not any of the sub features.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff
P.S. Previewing the post, I noticed that my formating is lost. So "Main Component" has two sub features, "sub feature 1" and "sub feature 2". "Sub feature 1" in turn has two sub features "sub feature 1.1" and "sub feature 1.2", etc.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 19:01

In Setups types, are thse sub features selected for installation?

For the formatting you could use the "Code" button, this should keep the white space.

jeff.yee

jeff.yee
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 19:19

Thanks for the formating tip ... I'll keep that in mind smile.gif

I checked the Setup types, and both the typical and custom install have all the features selected.

I just noticed something that is very strange. If I go to the custom dialogs, I noticed that the none of the sub features are visible. The only item in the dialog that is selectable is the Main Component.

Edited by jeff.yee, 23 November 2006 - 22:19.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 00:20

Any "include in build" settings maybe?

jeff.yee

jeff.yee
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 03:59

All the features currently have that property set to Yes.

i've tried deleting all the features (except the main component) and readded them back to the project, but with no luck.

Then when I remove the main component I get the error "No Components included in the project "The project must contain at least one component for the media to be built."". I moved the subfeature1 and subfeature up one level when I deleted the main component, so there is one component. Is there something special in the Release that I need to do?

thanks
Jeff

Edited by jeff.yee, 24 November 2006 - 04:03.

jeff.yee

jeff.yee
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 04:24

Thanks Stefan for all of your help.

It turns out that I had to create a new Release in the project. Is it always necessary to create a new release? or could it have been that mine go corrupted?

Thanks again
Jeff

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:46

In general it should not be necessary to create a new release, but corruption sometimes happens.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:47

Also I think you may be confusing the terminology of "features" and "components".