This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA with std DLL only works with UI Sequence

1 reply to this topic

BASHEER

BASHEER
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 22:27

I have a requirement like creating user account and password from a dll.this was done in conjunction with NTSERVICE

I tried to do it with CA on installscript , but the function call was failing as there was some NTLM and Kerberos authentication done with the functaional call ...the call was through with C++ client but didnt work with Install shield CA.

We tried with Std dll CA the call every thing works fine when the CA is Sequenced in UI sequence i f the CA is sequenced in EXecute installer throws error Dll not found and contact your vendor etc etc ..

has any one faced similar kind of problem , i am using a CA with immediate execution the system is win2k with developer 7 sp4 and tried the same with developer 8.

In need of help urgently...

as couldnt understand why this happening only in execute sequence...

BASHEER

BASHEER
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 00:57

i got it solved finally... this tool to my knowledge is going to drive people crazy , i am very sure about it....

The problem was i had already called the CA in a control event of an UI i removed the CA from the control event of dialog but the problem was the database wasnt updated or some refresh database problem..

i did ctr+F in the database to see where and all my dlls name is reffered i removed everything completely from database .....then i tried once more then this worked....

the problem is the installer throws some stupid errors ,like i was receiving export symbol of dll cannot be found,the others were ERROR 1723 contact your vendor, dll not found in the temp path..

now i dont know where in the world will people go and find that these are the errors,,, this is really trouble some for beginners i suppose... the best parts are all of these are found in Developer 8 evaluation version.....

one more thing need to taken care is the dependent dlls paths need to be found in environment variable....in my case i had the path put up only in user variable , i also updated the path in system variables or else your loadlibrary will fail.....