This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Quick Patch - need help

1 reply to this topic

tuteja

tuteja
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:58

In my origianl release, i have set the option to always overwrite the files. We have distributed this release to 100's of customers.

Now, i am creating a quick patch and while creating the patch, it gives error that the file version is lower (1.0.1.0) than the version in the original package (65535.0.0.0).

If i right click on the file ( in original release) in windows explorer to check the version, version is lower (1.0.0.0) than the patch version (1.0.1.0) but in file table (in original release) the version is 65535.0.0.0.

If i ignore the above error, i can install the patch without any issues and files are also updated.

But the problem is while uninstall the patch ( control panel -> add/remove). If i try to uninstall the patch, it gives me "Fatel Error during installation". I have done lot of experiments and the error seems to be coming becasue of file versioning.

Please help, as i need to release a patch soon .... what should i do to get rid of above issue?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 16:07

Are you sure that the problem is actually caused by the version lie (65535.0.0.0)? To find out, edit the rtm .msi to set the version in the File table properly, then build the patch and test.