This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom action for detecting running process

2 replies to this topic

emcho

emcho
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 13:52

Hi all,

I have few custom actions for detecting if a process is running. They are called ‘after InstallWelcome’, ‘after MaintenanceWelcome’ and before ‘after InstallValidate’.
My problem is that before creating these custom actions I was using the same function in “On Moving” and it was detecting the running processes for all users. Now after I created these custom actions they detect the running process only for the user running the installation.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Emiliya

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 23:57

Just a shot in the dark here: this could have to do with the security context the custom action is running in. What is it set to? Run deferred in user context? Run immediate? Run deferred in system context?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

emcho

emcho
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:39

Hi,

Thanks! That was the problem. I was using Immediate Execution and when I tried with Deferred Execution in System Context it worked as expected. But I can use Deferred Execution in System Context only between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize. And I need to check if the process is running after InstallWelcome and after MaintenaceWelcome. Do you have any ideas how I can do this?