This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

billboard on setup progress dialog

2 replies to this topic

ljfpudding

ljfpudding
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:20

hi, recently i meet one issue...

in my installscript project, i need billboard to show our product, but i can only show billboard in background mode.
for example, ENABLE(BACKGROUND);

could i show billboard on setup progress dialog???

or is there any solution? i can create a custom dialog, but how to retrieve the file copy status from my custom dialog, and then send status to progress bar inside custom dialog??

thanks so much..........

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:30

No, I don't think that's possible in InstallScript (unless you want to code it yourself).

ljfpudding

ljfpudding
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:31

Thank you Stefan,

perhaps i need code it myself.

I know that i can write a DLL which implement a dialog with a custom control like billboard and a progress bar control to show the status of copyfile. and then call this dialog in my setup.rul script.

I mean i want to hide status progress dialog, and use this DLL's dialog, could you think it is feasible?

i can invoke it by using MYDLL.ShowMyBillboardDialog(), but i don't know how to send status of copyfile to it.

maybe this is a difficult issue. Could you give me any suggestion or example link?

Thank you again smile.gif tongue.gif