This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Executing Custom Action(s) during "Repair".

4 replies to this topic

technojewel

technojewel
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:46

I am facing problems with the repair option in the Maintenance mode.

I don't want the modify radio button. So, I have removed it. Now what I want is when the user selected the "Repair" radio button then the whole application should be reinstalled along with the execution of Custom Actions.

My Custom Actions:
My first CA execute "addin.exe" when I install the product for first time. This exe adds some toolbars to PowerPoint. This is placed in the InstallExec seq. at "After InstallFiles" with condition=Not Installed.
My second CA executes "removeaddin.exe" when I uninstall Product. This exe removes toolbars from PowerPoint. This is placed in the InstallExec seq. at "After RemovingExistingProducts" with condition=Installed.

Now, in the maintenance mode when I select "repair" and click ok, it restores the shortcuts and lost files but removes the toolbar from the PowerPoint. I am not sure if it is either executing my "second custom action" or resetting the powerpoint.

So, I want to execute "first custom action" when I repair my installation.
Or
I can say I want to execute addin.exe when I "Repair" my installation.

Which can be done. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by technojewel, 09 February 2006 - 10:28.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:44

I believe your custom actions are in the InstallExecute sequence, not in the UI sequence. Which conditions do you have on these custom actions? A log will tell you exactly which action is executed and which not (because its conditions evaluates to false)

technojewel

technojewel
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:26

Oh yeah. You are right. These custom actions are in my InstallExecute sequence.

For the first CA I have condition : "Not Installed"

For the second CA I have condition: "Installed"

Is there something wrong with the conditions that I am putting?

technojewel

technojewel
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 13:05

I observed out something today. If I remove the "second CA" from InstallExec sequence then on "Repair" it will not remove the existing toolbars from PowerPoint. But, in that case it will not remove the toolbar during uninstallation process too.

So, I think what I need is to execute only "first CA" during "Repair" and not the "second CA". The "second CA" should only execute during uninstallation process.

Please help me, this is really very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:43

Installed is true always except for the first time install, so your second action will also run on repair, modify, minor update. To make it run only during uninstall you could use the condition:
REMOVE~="ALL"