This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Sequencing Custom Actions - Reg

2 replies to this topic

Pramod Kaushik

Pramod Kaushik
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 23:18

Hello All,

I have 4 custom actions, including 1 custom dialog. The custom dialog gets the username, password and Servername to build a database in the target system for which I use the other 3 custom action too. My question is, when I try to uninstall it, the custom actions are being called too. 

All my custom actions are immediate execution types. Type 34 to be specific. 

Currently, I have sequenced my custom actions in UI sub sequence under installation sequence.  

Where should I place my custom actions and custom dialog box in order to avoid them being called during uninstall ? 

Also Can I specify any conditions that will do this ? 

Thanks in advance, 

Pramod

Edited by Pramod Kaushik, 18 March 2014 - 23:45.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 17:12

You can use conditions for this. For a list of helpful conditions see https://www.flexeras...-Conditions.pdf

Note that custom actions that change the target system should be in the InstallExecute sequence and running deferred (and in system context if admin permissions are required). This allows you to provide rollback actions that undo the changes if your setup fails or is aborted.

Note also that the InstallUI sequence will be skipped completely if your setup is run in silent mode, so your custom actions wouldn't be called.

Pramod Kaushik

Pramod Kaushik
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 17:27

Thanks a lot stefan. I found that "Not Installed" was the condition I was looking for. 

Thanks again !! This is a great forum :)