This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

re-downloading Crystal Reports mm's

1 reply to this topic

rkode

rkode
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 15:23

Good morning everyone,

There is a redistribute named “Crystal Reports Service Pack 3” in InstallShield 2008 Professional that is available for use (if I select it) in my projects.

Some months ago, I downloaded this redistributable to both my servers.
(Atuallt the redistributal is made up of a number of individula Crystal Reports merge modules.

Both of my servers indicate the "Location" of the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 redistributable is "Installed Locally".

I have reason to believe that one or more of the Crystal Reports merge modules associated with the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 redistributable have become corrupted on one of my servers. (Maybe both.)

I was thinking that I would like to re-download the merge modules associated with the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 redistributable so things would look as they did some months ago when I originally downloaded them.

What I'm trying to discover is how I might re-download the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 merge modules.

Is there a way to make InstallShield 2008 professional not remember that I downloaded these at one time ?
So that I can re-download them.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Ray in Wisconsin

rkode

rkode
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 23:50

Hello again everyone,

InstallShield2008 Professional.

I have figured out how to re-download the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 merge modules once the "Application Data\Redistributables" view indicate that they are already "Installed locally”.
(In case anyone else ever needs to do such a thing.)

I'm certainly not an expert but I don't see why the following wouldn't work for other redistributables that, as a courtesy, are made available by InstallShield.

My motivation:
I suspected that one or more of Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 merge modules were corrupted.

My goal:
Download fresh copies of the Crystal Reports Service Pack 3 merge modules so as to replace the ALL of the ones already downloaded some time ago.

Here's what I did.

Step one:
I deleted the CrystalReports85SP.msm from the Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Objects folder.

Step two:
I deleted all of the .msm objects that started with CrystalReports85 from the Program Files\Macrovision\IS2008\Modules\i386 folder.

Step three:
I opened the InstallShield IDE and went to the "Application Data\Redistributables" view.
And sure enough the "Location" value now read "Needs to be Downloaded".
So, I right clicked on "Crustal Reports Service Pack 3" and selected "Download Selected Item" which replaced everything that I deleted (above).

That's it.

Take care everyone.

Ray in Wisconsin