This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to skip custom action

5 replies to this topic

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:40

Hi I have small problem in installshield10.5 version. In Behavior and Logic there is Custom Actions view in that I have two custom actions. In Sequences view(user interface) these two actions will run.
In action1(VB Script) there is a condition , If that condition will return True the second action should skip no need to execute . If it fails second must execute .
So please can you tell me the how to skip custom action without executing ….

Regards
Raghu.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 15:54

If these are immediate custom actions (not deferred) you can set a proeprty in the first action and use this property in the condition for the second action.

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:45

Thanks Stefan for your reply

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:49

I seted Immediate action only . But I don't know which property need to be set. and same in action2 in condition. Please can you tell me which property need to be set and that same in Action2...

Note: I attached doc please refer...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 16:45

In your first custom action you could call :
Session.Property("SKIPSECONDACTION")="1"
(you can use any proeprty name you wish)

In the Custom action settings for the second action use:
SKIPSECONDACTION<>"1"

raghu

raghu
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:44

Thank you very much Stefan....

Now I got the solution....

One more query: I have one setup.exe installer, Now I am installing with that setup. For suppose If this setup.exe is already running in locall machine how to find this setup is running or not (through Windows task manager) . The message should be display at the installation time..

How to find and how to set this message in installshield.

Thanks & Regards
Raghu.