This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi Language Install

2 replies to this topic

sd

sd
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 19:53

I have InstallShield Pro 5.5 and created an install with English, French and Japanese. Currently, when I run setup.exe, it comes with a language dialog requiring the user to select one of those languages. How do I instead query the system and install automatically, if one of those languages?

Thanks,
sd

Torgui

Torgui
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 07:06

To disable language dialog, you have to uncheck the box "Use language dialog" in your media build wizard. From the ready build, it can be disabled by modifying setup.ini:
[Startup]
EnableLangDlg=N

InstallShield automatically selects the user default locale as installation language (if available). If the current user locale is not available in your installation, IS defaults to the language that you have selected as default language (usually English).

InstallShield stores the language ID of the language that it has automatically selected in variable SELECTED_LANGUAGE.